Friday, July 1, 2011

Milkies

So I heard about this product a few years ago. I laughed at the idea of wearing a "cup" in your bra to catch any leaking milk. Me, years ago, joked, "Geez, gotta catch EVERY last drop, huh?"

Then I became a breastfeeding mother. A breastfeeding mother with a real crappy milk supply. Damn right, I want every single ounce of that goodness.

That's not really how this story starts...

A friend of mine from a board I have been posting on for a few years suggested I check these things out because I was losing so much milk in the soft shells that I am wearing for the fissure. I laughed but checked out the website. After watching their infomercial, I thought I would contact the company and see how they compared their product to the soft shells.

I wrote a short email to them explaining my breastfeeding journey. I told them about being BFAR, the masses that were found, and the fissure. I shared with them the downsides to these soft shells and asked them to compare.

Here is the response I received back:

Hello Meatball's Mommy,

Thank you for sharing your story- your son is so lucky to have such a dedicated mommy.  I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with breastfeeding- also inspired to hear how committed you are. Absolutely wonderful!


I'm not positive the Milk-Saver will help you but we would be glad to send you one to try.  We do everything we can to support breastfeeding mommies like you.


What is the preferred shipping address for you to receive your product?


Thanks for getting in touch with Milkies!


Really?! Did this just happen? This company is offering to send me a free sample of their product to try out and compare to the soft shells! No flippin' way!

Sure feel like a heel laughing at the idea of them years ago...

Will update with my thoughts once I receive my free sample! WOO HOO!! 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh you mentioned me!!!! And I'm so happy that an awesome company would be willing to send you a FREE sample to try out. I hope they work well. J

    ReplyDelete