At last pedi appointment, we agreed to offer Meatball formula a couple of times a day when he still seems hungry. We also talked about beginning cereal. Our routine has been working great and I feel like Meatball is really enjoying his first "solid" foods!!
After a long weekend camping, I noticed Meatball had really porked up in the past couple of days. I got home and I was really excited to weigh him. Once I did, I was shocked that he had put on 8 oz in 4 days! Ekkk!!
Quick email to K and it seems maybe I am over feeding him?! Parenting fail I guess...
After all of these supply issues, my worry has always been I am starving him and he's not getting enough. Now I add a little bit of cereal and formula into the mix and I guess it's too much. :(
I feel like this weight game is just one that I am not going to win...ever. I don't make enough milk and now it seems I am forcing too much food down his throat! I am trying to learn his cues and "listen" to what he wants and needs. Thought I had been doing a great job with this and now I am feeling like an awful mom and like I have hurt him by feeding him too much.
Would love to be able to get something right in this thing called parenting...soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment