Monday, May 2, 2011

Exercising and breastfeeding - a no no!

Nipple fissure or better known as jogger's nipple. Yup. That's what it's called and that's what I got :( It hurts like something awful! We went camping this weekend with Meatball for the first time. On Saturday morning, I noticed something was not right. After a quick glance, I noticed a huge hole in the center of one of my nipples!! My husband also thought it was not right but had no advice lol. It was so painful, too. I cringed thinking about his next feeding and needing that side again. I took a picture of it with my cell phone...yup totally happened...and emailed it to my lactation consultant. She probably thinks I am nuts. What's up with these emails I have been sending lately :) She writes back and tells me it's a fissure...ouch is all I can say.

Just started working out and I know my bra was not "good enough" for my activity. This is the result. Therefore, exercise, I will see you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment