Well I am not sure where things are going from here. I had my ultrasound this morning at the Breast Center. They were great. Meatball came along so my breast would be empty. The doctor assured me he is very efficient at that!! :)
Nice thing about this center is they give you results right there and talk you through the testing. The doctor was focusing on one area in particular above my nipple. I finally asked about it and she explained what she was doing and looking at/for.
She noticed a few nodules. She was trying to figure out if they were the same one or different ones. Turns out she found two. Both are above my nipple. One is directly connected to a duct...probably the culprit for the bleeding. Both have benign characteristics but only a biopsy will tell.
So results are abnormal. 2 lumps. Hoping that both are just masses...maybe scar tissue although that seemed unlikely...
Waiting to hear from breast surgeon to schedule biopsy. Hoping for next week :)
So they encouraged me to keep breastfeeding. That makes me happy. Sadly, I go back to work tomorrow and will miss several feedings. Good thing is I will cherish every nursing session now even the ones in the middle of the night when I am so sleepy and just want to go back to bed...they may be my last ones. Ever.
I am numb right now. Not sure how to think or feel. Don't really want to share with my friends except for a close few. They will all be supportive but I just don't want to rehash this every time I talk to someone.
So my fight for BF might be coming to an end. All of the hard work. All of the pills. All of the tears. It may just be out of my hands now. I am not super religious but praying begins now.
Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks AB :)
ReplyDelete