On the front of your shirt. Yup, right in the front of your shirt. It's not little though...
I started wearing the Medela Soft Shells as recommended by K. They will let me nipple heal and hopefully come back together. K said I have to wear them until my nipple looks as good as hers :) Think I will be in these things forever.
They are not uncomfortable by any means. They look completely stupid though and are totally noticeable by anyone that glances at my boobs. But if it works, I will take them!
I am calling them my fake boobs. Problem with my fake boobs...they leak.
Once I have been in them for just a bit of time, I start to leak. They press against my breast some so I am leaking a little bit non stop on the right side with the fissure. There's a little sponge in there to help soak up the milk...which I cannot save and I have to sadly toss whatever is caught in the shell or in the sponge. Never fails that I end up leaning over just a tad to grab something or pick up the baby or change a diaper...you know that fun stuff...and the milk pours out of the poorly placed holes along the top to help with air flow. Once the milk pours out, I am drenched.
Meatball and I had our first trip to the beach this past week. We went on our own for just a few days and met a couple of girlfriends there with their babies. We had a great time but apparently I did not pack enough shirts...I went through 4 shirts on the last day. Four.
Funny part is, some would be embarrassed. Not me. I am proud of my spilled milk. A little pissed I did not get to bottle it to store or feed it to Meatball but proud that I am making enough to even drench my shirt.
So I have really gotten the chance to feel the "problems" some mothers have that have too much of a supply. Give me a drenched shirt any day and all day if it means I could feed my son BM. At least you can figure out a solution for a little drenched shirt...
No comments:
Post a Comment