And then there were 6.
Officially down to 6 pills of Domperidone a day compared to the 9 I have been taking for so long now. I thought my day of weaning would make me sad but it has not. It's been a busy day for my little Meatball and me.
I had planned to take this day off forever. I knew I would not be able to concentrate at work so it made sense just to make the day about us. I put him to bed last night for the last time as a baby. And then he work up at 11:30 screaming. Meatball screamed and cried all night long until 4:30. He would take short breaks in between to nap and then wake up picking up right where he left off.
He finally crashed around 5 am and slept until 11 am in my arms. He nursed on and off all night long and that was the only thing that would soothe him.
For the past year, nursing has always been the only thing that would always soothe him. Soothes hunger, sadness, pain, fear, everything. It's the go to when something needs to be fixed.
I cannot imagine what life will be like without nursing. I don't want to find out but I am pretty sure I will find out real soon.
In addition to cutting the Dom, I am also beginning Weight Watchers. On the first day, I noticed a change in my pumping right away but so far seems to be back to normal.
So I have made it a year. This blog serves as a record of my journey up my mountain to reach my goal. And now that I have reached it, I am not sure how to let go and move on. I don't think I can. Quitting our nursing relationship is going to be extremely challenging for me. I can feel the tears starting to well up...
Happy first birthday to my amazing Meatball. I love you so completely!
ReplyDelete