Thursday, May 10, 2012

Success defined

There was a time not so long ago where I called myself a breast feeding failure. And I fully, whole-heartedly believed this. Over these past 15 months, I have proven I am far from a failure. Others saw it. I just had not. Yet.

Meatball is 15 months old.
I haven't tracked the number of ounces I have pumped. I haven't tracked the number of hours I've nursed. Because to me that doesn't matter.
At one point in this journey, ounces mattered. Hours mattered. But not anymore.

Meatball is healthy. Very healthy.
I am healthy. Very healthy...and still working hard on making myself healthier.

Meatball has had BM every day of his life. Some days were filled in with more formula than I would have liked and yet there were many days he had nothing but BM. (Those are my proudest days.) But in the big picture of all of it, it does not matter.

I have finally defined my success. I have realized I'm not a failure. I am proud. So proud. I am a BFAR success story.

No comments:

Post a Comment